35 Jalan Nyaman 10, Happy Garden, 58200 Kuala Lumpur
Tuesday - Saturday
(Except Mondays and Public Holidays)
9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m
- Tuesday - 10.00 am to 12.00 noon (Well-Being Class)
- Saturday - 10.00 am to 11.00 am (Taichi Class)
- 11.00 am to 12.00 noon (Dancerize/Other activities)
- Talk on Stem Cells for Parkinson's & Related Neurodegenerative Disorders by Prof. Dr. Ole Isacson, on 23rd September 2014 (TUESDAY) from 3.30 pm to 5.00 pm at the Clinical Auditorium, 13th Floor, Menara Selatan, UMMC, Jalan Universiti, 50603. Admission is free.
- MPDA 20th Anniversary Luncheon, Sat. 13th Sept. 2014 from 10.00 am - 1.30 pm at the Atlanta Ballroom, Level 3, Armada Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. For the programme, view here
- Hari Raya Celebration 2014 on Saturday, 16th August 2014 from 2.00 - 5.00 pm at the 12th Floor, Conference Room, Menara Utama, Universiti Malaya Medical Center - A joint event between Malaysian Society of Epilepsy, MPDA and Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Dance Through Parkinson's - A Dance Movement and Rhythm Therapy from 1st - 5th August 2014 at the MPDA Parkinson's Center.
- UMMC – MPDA WORLD PARKINSON’S DAY CELEBRATION on Saturday, 3rd May 2014, from 9.00 am to 1.30 pm at the Conference Hall 3, 13th Floor, Menara Selatan, University of Malaya Medical Center (UMMC), Kuala Lumpur
- Parkinson's Awareness and RUN-THE-WORLD 4 PARKINSON'S at the Parkinson's Center/Bukit Jalil Recreation Park on Thursday, 10th April 2014 from 12.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
- Talk by Dr. Shobha Sharma on Speech Therapy for People with Parkinson's and 17th AGM 2013 on Saturday, 28/12/2013 from 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm at the Dewan Pantai, Pantai Hospital, KL.
- Parkinson's Speech Therapy Clinics For MPDA members commencing on 19th September 2013 at our Parkinson's Center. A collaborative work between MPDA and UKM. See details attached.
- Workshop for Carers on Saturday, 22nd June 2013 from 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm at the Dewan Pantai, Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Admission is free but subject to prior registration with MPDA at 03- 79806685/0178871859/0133415418 before 18th June 2013.
- Supporting Each Other, an outreach initiative in Klang on Saturday, 25th May 2013 from 11.00 am to 2.00 pm at the Premiere Hotel, Klang. Admission is by invitation only.
- Life with Parkinson's Workshop on Saturday, 20th April 2013 from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm at the Neurology Clinic Penang Hospital, Penang. Admission is open to patients and caregivers only. Limited Seats available. Please see details here.
- Penang Public Forum on Parkinson's Disease, Saturday, March 9. 2013. Time: 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm. Venue: Anggerik Room, Ground Floor, Kompleks Masyarakat Penyayang, 250, Jalan Utama, George Town, 10460 Penang. Admission is free. Please call Moses Chuah (0124114637) or Looi (0178871859) to register. Information about the speakers and the Penang Public Forum.
- Appreciation Luncheon for patients with PD who have taken part in research on PD at the University of Malaya Medical Center (UMMC). Date: Saturday, 23rd Feb. 2013. Time :10.30 am to 1.30 pm. Venue: 13th Floor, Menara Selatan, UMMC, Kuala Lumpur. Attendance is by invitation only.
- Workshop on Parkinson's Disease for People with Parkinson's and Caregivers on Saturday, 3rd November 2012 at the Dewan Mutiara, Seberang Jaya Hospital, Penang. For Members Only.
- Ipoh Public Forum on Parkinson's Disease (Please click for details) at the Bonsai Room B, 4th Floor, Syuen Hotel, 88, Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil, Greentown, Ipoh, Perak, from on Saturday, 13th October 2012 from 1.30 pm - 5.00 pm. Speakers are Prof. Dr. Lim Shen-Yang, Tarun Amalnekar, Samuel Ng, and SK Lau.. Admission is free.
- Parkinson's - A Marathon and a DASH by Dr, Simon JG Lewis, Associate Professor in Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Sydney and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Australia, at the Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, on Saturday, 15th September 2012 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Admission is free. Please call 03-79806685/017-8871859 to register.
- The Education & Outreach Department (ENCOUNTER) of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra will be sharing their music with our members at the Parkinson's Center on Tuesday, 10th July 2012 from 10.30 am to 11.30 am. Two violinists, namely, Yanbo Zhao and Ling Yunzhi will feature the repertoire of Bach concerto in D minor and TBC.
- Laugther Yoga for People with Parkinson's by Bill Lewis at the Parkinson Center on Tuesday, 26th June 2012 at 10.30 am to 12.00 noon
- Drum Circle with Arthur Hull, (an internationally renowned percussionist and innovator of the facilitated Drum Circle) at the Parkinson Center, Tuesday, 12th June 2012 from 10.30 am to 12.00 noon. All members, caregivers, family members and supporter are welcome to join in the fun.
- World Parkinson's Day Public Forum on Parkinson's Disease by Pantai Hospital on Saturday, May 26, 2012 ((postponed from April 28, 2012) from 10 am to 12 noon at the Dewan Pantai, Ground Floor - Block C, Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Speakers are Consultant Neurologists, Dr. S'ng Kim Hock and Dr. Lee Moon Keen. Admission is free. RSVP: Please call Hema at 03-22960773 or Ms. Kiran 03-22960610
- Talk on Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy for People with Parkinson's on Saturday, 25th February 2012 from 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm. Venue: Dewan Pantai, Ground Floor, Pantai Medical Center, Jalan Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.
- World Parkinson's Day 2012 Event at the Petaling Jaya Civic Centre (PJCC), Petaling Jaya, Selangor, on Sunday, 1st April 2012 from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm. Open to all members and their caregivers/families. For more information, download the flyer and programme.